Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Halloween Cakes - Cake Pop Eyeballs and Spiderwebs

I really can't Halloween is just around the corner. And then it always seems like it is down hill from there with Thanksgiving and Christmas so close after!

I have a confession...

I don't really like Halloween. Yep, I said it.

I know it is a lot of people's favorite holiday but for me I've never quite liked all creepy, crawly, freaky stuff.  Just never understood the draw of fake blood, spider, snakes, vampires and the like.  Don't get me wrong, I love Autumn with pumpkins, leaves and apples but Halloween, not so much.

Well I had to change my view a little when I was recently asked to do a Halloween themed birthday cake.  It was for 18 year old twins (girl and boy).  Thanks to pinterest (yep, definitely my current addiction) I found some fabulous ideas.

This is what I ended up with...


And I happen to have a dear friend who also had a birthday and LOVES Halloween so decided to make a little arrangement of the eyeballs for her birthday. 

 

My favorite part by far was the eyeballs on forks. I made red velvet with cream cheese frosting cake balls covered in white chocolate melted candy.  I used gummy lifesavers for the eyes with green gel for the centers and then red to make the blood shot effect. 

All the little eyeballs lined up in rows.... 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...